Personal information collected by the GDAA is treated as confidential and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 .
Site Visit Data
This site is hosted by an external service provider. When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by the GDAA to help improve the site. The following information is supplied by your browser:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.